Sunday 1 July 2012

Review: Stila Trendsetting in Tokyo Palette

Hello lovelies!

Today I bring you a review of the Stila Trendsetting in Tokyo palette, which was the third palette in the travel series that Stila released a few months ago.

Let's dig in, shall we?

Stila Trendsetting in Tokyo Palette
Retail: $10, Stilacosmetics.com, Sephora.com


I have to start off by saying that this palette is so adorable! It's pretty small, and fits pretty perfectly inside my hand, so it really is a perfect palette for traveling. Just tuck it inside your suitcase, or in your purse for on-the-go touch-ups. It's also pretty affordable at only $10. I love me some affordable makeup!

Trendsetting in Tokyo comes with four eyeshadows and one convertible color, which is usable on lips and cheeks.  The eyeshadow colors you get are Sake, Kawai, Shibuya and Peace Sign. The convertible color is Sakura. I really love how the colors are named after things that have to do with the city the palette is themed around. Cute!


Large pan is Sakura. Top two shadows are Shibuya and Sake. Bottom two are Peace Sign and Kawai.

All of the eyeshadow colors are very pretty and well pigmented, and go on pretty smooth. The convertible color looks pretty intimidating, but if you use it sparingly on your cheeks, it gives a nice, pink flush. But my favorite way to use it is on my lips! At first, it is pretty glossy, but after a while, the shine fades away and leaves a beautiful, bright pink color. Lo-o-o-o-ve! 

Closeup of Sake and Kawai

Closeup of Shibuya and Peace Sign.


How about some swatches?

(Grr, my camera makes black look like brown! It is black eyeshadow, I assure you. =P)

 L to R: Shibuya, Sake, Kawai, Peace Sign, Sakura. 


Bit of a closeup of Sake and Kawai

I'm very pleased with this palette, and this is actually my first Stila item, so I think it's a good start! If I can, I definitely want to try to get the other available travel palettes. :)

xo,

Kieran


1 comment:

  1. Cute is an understatment! This palette is adorable, such a fun match of colours :D

    Lauren from ChickAdvisor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...