Tuesday 10 July 2012

Review: Nivea A Kiss of Relief SOS Lip Care

Hello lovelies!

I'm sooo sorry I haven't posted in so long, but I've had a few personal issues that needed to be taken care of, and some parties that needed to be planned, and I just haven't found the time to sit down and write a blog post. So again, I apologize!

Today is actually my birthday, so I thought it would be a good birthday gift to myself to get some writing done! This post shall be a review of Nivea A Kiss of Relief SOS Lip Care.


Nivea A Kiss of Relief  SOS Lip Care
Retail: Varies, but average around $2
(Sorry about the torn packaging- I ripped into this right after I bought it. As in, I was sitting in my car in the parking lot when I opened it. xD)








A Kiss of Relief promises to heal dry, cracked lips while "supporting the healing process." Alright, I'm in! My lips are always very dry and cracked, and because of that, I can't really wear much lipstick, because it just sets into the heavy cracks on my lips and looks... well, bad. 

The actual product is a pale white cream, that isn't extremely thick or thin, but a happy medium. The scent is pretty hard to describe. It's not fruity or minty, but it does have a slight aroma of Chamomile. When you put it on your lips, at first it has a slight glossy finish, but after a little while, as it absorbs into your lips, the glossiness goes away and looks more like a balm. It's a bit sticky, so apply it sparingly. A little goes a long way with this!

Alright... here's the bad news.
This stuff tastes horrible! I never realized how much I licked my lips until I started using this. It has a very bitter taste, like licking a bar of soap. Bleh! If you lick your lips a lot, I would suggest topping this with a gloss or balm that has a better taste to try and block it out. All I can say is that it's helped me stop licking my lips! :P

And now for the GOOD news!
This stuff REALLY WORKS. After using it for about two days, my lips were healed and moisturized, and no longer the cracked mess that they had been before. I apply one coat in the morning and let it completely sink into my lips, and then once again after I wash my face before I go to bed. If my lips are feeling chapped in the middle of the day, I'll put some on then, but the one coat in the morning usually does the job(which is a good change, since I used to constantly apply chapstick all day).

So with the results I'm getting, I'll keep using A Kiss of Relief, even if the taste is bad. :)

xo,

Kieran




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...