Monday 20 December 2010

Review: e.l.f 32 Piece Eyeshadow Collection

Hello lovelies!

Today I bring you a review of the e.l.f 32 Piece Eyeshadow Collection, which was given to me as a Christmas gift from my wonderful blogging partner, Shelly.

I have been hoping to find the e.l.f Shadow Collections in Target, but I haven't seen any, so when Shelly surprised me with the 32 Piece, I was very excited!



e.l.f  32 Piece Eyeshadow Collection. Retail: 5.00

(I forgot to take a picture of the entire front of the palette, sorry! But as the above picture shows, it is matte black with a clear window to the shadows.)


You get a pretty wide variety of shadows in this palette, from a basic, low-shimmer black and chocolate brown, to a bright, shiny electric blue and bubblegum pink! The texture of the shadows are also very nice and smooth, easy to apply. There might be one or two that are a bit chalky, but definitely not hard to work with. I think that with this palette, e.l.f has definitely improve the quality/texture of their palettes. I own the Eye Brights Beauty Book, and was pretty bummed at the texture of the shadows. This palette makes up for it!

From the shadows that I've used out of it so far, the staying power is pretty fair. As with most shadows, they would probably last longer over a primer, but without, I'm pretty impressed.


All of the shadows contain some sort of shimmer/glitter. There are no true mattes. However, there are a few shades that have very minimal shimmer/glitter. But if you want a palette with matte shadows, then this wouldn't be for you. 


Here are a few swatches from the palette, over just my skin with no primer:

(My camera takes pretty horrible swatch pictures. The shade that looks like a charcoal brown is actually a very dark, steel grey.)

I am in love with this palette, pretty much. I also love that it has a very big mirror on the inside, so that I can actually use that to do my eye makeup instead of having to hold a separate mirror.

Between the color variety, the quality of the shadows, and the price, I don't think you can go wrong with this palette.

Thanks, Shelly! ;)


xo,

Kieran

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...