Thursday 18 November 2010

5 Ways to Instantly Wake Up Your Face

Hello lovelies!

I've been a horrible blogger lately, I know. I've just been soooo busy in my life that it's been hard for me to find the time to really sit down and blog. I'm working on it, I promise!. :)

So, on to the topic of this post:

We've all had one of those days where we don't feel like putting on a full face of makeup, but can't ignore how... tired we look! So I thought it would be a good idea to share with you my 5 ways to instantly wake up your face! These are all things that I've done and rely on for when I don't have the time/energy to do a full face of makeup, but still want to look fresh and awake!

1. Moisturize: I find that if I make sure I apply plenty of moisturizer, my skin looks so much more awake and clean, as apposed to the look of dry, tired skin.

2. Concealer: If you don't want to put on a full face of foundation, I would suggest concealing any under-eye circles and redness you might have around your nose, mouth, cheeks, wherever. I also use a little bit of foundation and apply it over my eyelids up to my eyebrows, because that is the spot that for me is the most red. This instantly wakes my face up every time!

3.  Eyebrows: I have sad eyebrows. A while ago I had a bad breakout of eczema on my face and was constantly rubbing and itching my face, and my eyebrows became very sparse and thin. It's been a few years and they still haven't completely grown back. They ARE there, just very pale and they don't have much shape. So, when I use an eyebrow pencil or eyebrow powder to fill them in and give them more definition and color, my face looks so much more awake and ready to go. (If you have full eyebrows that don't need to be filled in, obviously this doesn't apply to you. So don't worry about it!)

4. Mascara: Oh, mascara, how I love thee. A few coats of black or brown mascara and your eyes will look bigger and more awake. What more do I need to say? :)

5. Lips: When my lips are chapped and dry, I always look so tired! So what I do, is I exfoliate my lips and apply a healthy coat of lip balm, and sometimes a bit of nude or light-pink gloss. It doesn't take long, and really makes a difference.

Enjoy!

xo,

Kieran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...