Tuesday 16 October 2012

Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin Foundation Review

Hello lovelies!

I realized a few days ago that I have been using the same foundation for a while now but haven't posted a review yet, so this post is a review of the Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin foundation. I've got through several bottles of this, yet I still have mixed feelings on the actual product. Strange, I know, but it's hard for me to either love or hate foundation without trying it for a long period of time since my skin changes so often. Let's get into it!

The Clean line from Covergirl comes in three varieties: Normal, sensitive, and oil control. I chose the sensitive skin formula since that's exactly what I have. I do suffer from eczema, and unfortunately I have several patches of it on my face, most noticeably around my eyes and jawline. That's where the skin is most sensitive, and more than once I've purchased a foundation that irritated the skin or made it turn bright red. So far I've had no severe irritation while using the Clean foundation, so thumbs up in that aspect.
One bottle holds 1 oz. of product, and will run you roughly $5-6 at stores like Walgreens or Target, and around  $6-7 at specialty stores like Ulta.



It is a liquid foundation, though the texture is a bit thicker than most liquids. Not thick enough, however, to really count as a cream makeup. It feels light when applied, which is refreshing and feels much better than wearing a heavy, thick foundation all day. It's also very easy to blend it into my skin, and I think would count as a medium-coverage foundation. I usually prefer full-coverage, but the texture of the Clean makeup is thick enough to cover any unevenness in my skin and hides the redness fairly well. 



I've worn this foundation to many different types of events: from volunteering at a dog shelter in the summer, to attending casual family parties that last for several hours, and the Clean makeup holds up pretty well. It does sweat off in places after a while, but that's to be expected here in the Arizona heat. I think a bit of powder would definitely be enough to keep this makeup in place in cooler weather.

Cover Clean foundation is not my favorite foundation that I have used so far(that honor goes to Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation), but out of the various drugstore foundations I've had, this one definitely takes a top-spot.

xo,

Kieran

Disclaimer: Any products mentioned in this post were purchased with my own money, and I am receiving no compensation from Covergirl. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are my own. Lace Escapades is not affiliated with Covergirl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...