Monday 8 October 2012

Cute kind of everyday makeup.

This is my first makeup tutorial! I am so excited to share it with you all! This is the look I do when I want something simple, but fun, and different.

Okay let's get into it!

So first I applied my foundation and setting powder. I used to use Stila Natural Finish oil free makeup, but it's so expensive! It works great though, if you can afford it, I definitely recommend it. I was also using Airspun as a setting powder, but I felt like it made my face look a bit chalky. When I ran out of both I got (the only drug store makeup I'm not allergic to, pretty much) Almay tlc truly lasting color, 16 hour makeup in Naked 03 160, and Almay Clear Complexion powder in Light 100. I also use Almay Concealer in Light 100. They all work really well, and turned out to be good replacements for my loved Stila foundation.

I then primed my lids with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden.
Make sure that when you apply your primer you rub it in REALLY well, otherwise it does exactly what it's supposed to stop, and no one wants unsightly creases on their lids. Also make sure that you rub it all around your eye, don't neglect your lower lash line.

Then I took Midnight Cowboy Rides Again by Urban Decay and covered my whole eye, up to the brow bone. I also lined my lower lash line, and smudged it down a little. The pictures I took of just that color on my eyes sucked, a lot. So you can just figure it out without a picture. Sorry.

Then I used MAC Naked Lunch  on my lid. Again the color is a little too light for my suckish camera to catch.
Next up I used MAC Woodwinked, on my crease:
applied it with a very heavy hand . It does not have to look good at this point. Put it on to almost the inner corner of you eye. 


Then you are going to blend it up and out, a bit. Just blend until it looks good to you. 


I then lined just the outer corner, very close to the lid with black liquid liner. I used Femme Couture, you can buy it at Sally's. 


I used a lot of mascara, as is my custom. For me it's all about the lashes! I love me so big lashes. Other than Aerie brand mascara (which is the best) Maybelline's Great Lash, is well, great. It's super cheap too, and now that they've taken all the yucky ingredients out, I think it's excellent. 


Here's the finished look on the eyes:


Once I finished my eyes I applied Aerie blush in Primrose  (there's a link to a review I really liked), on the apples of my cheeks. 

Then my lips got a dose of Rimmel London Pink Blush

And here is the final product!


I look confused in this picture, but whatevs. 
This picture is kind of blurry, but I like it. =P

So what do you think?

XOXO,
Shelly





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...